The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Accounts Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administer the accounts payable and receivable ledgers and ensure that expenditure and receipts are promptly and accurately recorded.
- Responsible for ensuring that payments are processed via various modes such as cheques, online transfers, telegraphic transfer within stipulated period. Receipts are to be processed and journalized promptly.
- Responsible for day-to-day payment, receipts and journals processing for various sets of accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation for the assigned accounts within stipulated timeline.
- Ensure accurate preparation of payment and receipts schedules.
- Diploma in Accountancy from an established institution with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Good spoken and written communication skills are required to collaborate with various key stakeholders.
- Able to communicate effectively across many levels of committees headed by clergy and laity.
- Able to work independently and under tight timelines.
- Able to process online banking transactions.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.