The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Administrative Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the administration of sales of materials for both local and overseas orders, arrange for shipment/collection and prepare monthly sales report.
- Process all payments, claims and issue invoice. After the sales payment, liaise with MCS Finance department on accounting and claims matters.
- Responsible for inventory management to ensure inventory accuracy. Make arrangement for reprinting of materials to ensure sufficient stocks.
- Provide administrative and logistic support for all trainings sessions (English and Chinese).
- Provide assistance for the updating of materials or development of new projects.
- Attend to enquires pertaining to the standard operations and basic principles in facilitation of programmes such as DISCIPLE and Companions in Christ.
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration from an established tertiary institution with at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Candidate with ‘O’ or ‘A’ level may be considered with relevant experience.
- Preferably attended DISCIPLE 1 and a trained facilitator to have a good understanding of the programme (sales of materials as they are controlled items);
- Bilingual. Proficient in English and Mandarin, both in spoken and written communication as the overseas partners are mostly Chinese-speaking Congregations, hence, proficiency in Mandarin is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.