Established by The Methodist Church in Singapore, The Garden of Remembrance is a Columbarium with close to 30,000 niches and 6 fully air-conditioned spaces for Christian funeral wakes and memorial services.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to join us as Operations Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day operations at The Garden of Remembrance working closely with the Facilities Team to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Lead, train and motivate the Operations Team to achieve the organisational goals.
- Responsible for sales of niches, remembrance products such as plaques, urns, etc, and all other queries relating to services provided by The Garden of Remembrance.
- Manage relationships with Funeral Directors and assist bereaved families with the rental of memorial rooms for wake and memorial services.
- Follow up on all sales leads (online, referrals, enquiries etc)
- Day to day operations including set-up of memorial rooms and all admin work relating to memorial room rentals, niche purchases
- Attend to requests/ needs of bereaved families holding funeral wake services at the Memorial Rooms.
- Work closely with the Ops Executive to maintain an accurate/ updated inventory of all the niches along with an accurate database of all customer information.
- Work closely with Facilities Team to ensure compliance of standards relating to cleaning, maintenance, security, safety etc, conducting routine daily checks.
- Drive and co-ordinate events like the bi-annual Memorial Services, church or agency events held at the Memorial Rooms.
- Preparation of all reports relating to sales and operations.
- Ensure accurate updating of customer details on the CRM platform.
- Diploma, minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years in a team lead capacity.
- Experienced funeral services professional with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the growth and success of the business.
- Able to multi-task with excellent organisational skills, great initiative and attention to detail.
- Possess strong leadership, problem solving and people management skills.
- Able to lead and work well independently; willing to work on weekends.
- Supervise team in all daily operation matters, prepare management reports and presentations
- Customer focused, with empathy and a service mindset to work with customers with clarity, responsiveness and expertise, resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Well versed in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); be IT and Internet savvy.
To apply for the above position, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current and expected salary
- Reasons for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.