TRY YOUR HAND at designing a logo – and you could stand to win US$500 (S$630)!
The World Methodist Council (WMC) is accepting submissions for the oﬃcial logo of the 21st World Methodist Conference, which will be held in September 2016 in Houston, Texas.
The conference theme is “One”. The logo will be translated into languages that encompass our Methodist church family, which are located in 77 countries throughout the world including The Methodist Church in Singapore.
All entries must be received by July 22, 2013 and must adhere to these criteria:
• The winning entry becomes the property of the WMC for its sole use and purposes, including editing, publication and distribution rights;
• Each entry must include the word “One”;
• Entries may be submitted in black and white or colour format. The conference logo will be used in a variety of formats which may include forms of correspondence, posters, banners, backdrops, pins, pre-conference publicity, website, PowerPoint presentations, etc.;
• Entries must include the information found on the entry form from the person(s) responsible for its design;
• Entries must be submitted electronically (if sending by mail please send the media on a DVD/CD or other portable media). Multiple submissions are allowed, but please fill out one entry form per submission.
Send all entries to barbybowser@ worldmethodistcouncil.org
Or mail to this address (be sure that your submission is sent on a DVD, CD or other portable media):
2016 Logo Submissions
c/o World Methodist Council P. O. Box 518
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745 USA
The winning submission will be announced in mid-August 2013, and will receive US$500 (S$630). To download the entry form and find more information, visit worldmethodistcouncil. org/a-call-for-submissions-2016-conference-logo-designs – World Methodist Council.
When the WMC organised the logo contest in 2004 for the 19th World Methodist Conference, it was a Singaporean Methodist’s design that was selected. Mr Michael Tan Soo Guan’s design was picked over more than 50 entries worldwide. See the December 2004 issue of Methodist Message to read more about his winning design.
The World Methodist Conference is convened every five years. The Methodist Church in Singapore hosted the 16th World Methodist Conference in 1991 at the Westin Stamford from July 24 to 31.