Director, Centre for Missions Analysis, Reconstruction and Development (MMS)
The Methodist Missions Society (MMS) is the missions agency of The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS). MMS seeks to establish indigenous churches supported by mission endeavors in communities across our region.
We have a vacancy for Director, Centre for Missions Analysis, Reconstruction and Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Explore the missiological trends that have direct or indirect impact and implications on the mission of MMS via extensive reading, research, and consultation with missions partners/agencies.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and reflection of the ecclesiological needs of the fields and develop suitable training/equipping programme for the National Leaders of their respective mission via reconstruction.
- Enhance the Training Committee efforts in developing appropriate training programme for the equipping of the saints [National Leaders and Members].
- Develop a Mission Index for the purpose of evaluating the state of health of the churches and community development projects initiated by MMS and her partner churches.
- Mobilize the Methodist community in participating in short term missions trips and engaging pastors and lay leaders towards church planting and community development projects.
- Minimum 8 years of ministry experiences related to Christian missions in this region.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the area of demographic analysis and strategy development.
- Preferably process a theological degree from a college recognized by MMS.
- Must embrace teamwork and support regular dialogue and collaboration.
- Participate in ad hoc projects/tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Bishop (for example, Aldersgate events).
- Accountable to the Executive Director and the MMS Executive Committee.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills are required to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have good project management and problem-solving skills to analyse issues and recommend solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively across many levels of committees headed by clergy and laity.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reasons(s) for leaving current position
- If successful, earliest date to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.