Senior Manager, Property Administration
The Methodist Church in Singapore (MCS) is a connectional church comprising the General Conference, three Annual Conferences, local churches, and various agencies and organisations. The General Conference (GC) is the highest body of the MCS, responsible for legislation, policy, and the overseeing of its various agencies, including the programme agencies responsible for education, missions, and welfare services.
We have a vacancy for Senior Manager, Property Administration. This position oversees the property and facility management of the GC’s properties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the Property Department and report to the Director of Finance, Administration, and Programmes (DFAP).
- Direct staff in all property matters such as the effective upkeep of the building, equipment, and supplies.
- Review and implement policies, guidelines and standing instructions to ensure that preventive, corrective and cyclical maintenance schedules are implemented and adhered to.
- Review and implement Workplace Safety and Health, Environmental and Sustainability initiatives.
- Plan budget and negotiate with vendors for supplies, repairs, and services.
- Manage renewal of Annual Group Insurances.
- Administer tenancy matters and manage relationships with tenants and management stakeholders.
- Plan and implement non-rental initiatives.
- Prepare monthly report for senior management.
- Prepare proposal papers for internal stakeholder (PIP, FAC and GCEC) approvals.
- Attend committee and council meetings and as instructed by the DFAP.
- Attend MCST Council and AGM meetings of investment properties.
- Major building works (e.g. Refurbishment and Repair)
- Appointment of consultants and contractors.
- Tender and quotations management and evaluation.
- Monitor progress and milestone payments.
- Submit update reports to senior management.
- Property Portfolio Management & Acquisition
- Liaise with consultants, sale agents, solicitor, purchaser, and Managing Agent on the sales/purchase of properties.
- Source for 3rd party service providers; e.g. investment consultants to provide investment consultancy services to reinvest the proceeds from the sales of investment properties.
- Analyse professional advice and interpret/summarise solutions for senior management
- Oversee the Property Administration Manager (PAM) in the following areas:
- Management of SOT Secretariat Works.
- Coordinate with respective churches, schools and entities related to properties matters, for example, building project contracts, tenancy agreements, Letter of Agreement (LOA) for appointment of consultants, etc.
- Handle matters relating to Government and authorities, applications, requirements, compliances and memorandum of understanding (MOU), service contracts and agreements for properties directly owned by MCS.
</ul style=”list-style: circle;”>
- Management of Investment Properties
- Manage and supervise Leasing, Marketing and Managing Agents (LMMA) of the Investment Properties.
- Manage and supervise MCST Management Agent (MA) on the management of common property in the following aspects:
- Compliance to Government and authorities’ legislations and requirements.
- Up-keeping and maintenance of common properties and building safety and hygiene requirements.
- Manage and supervise LMMA to carry out leasing, marketing and tenancy management works and MCST MA to carry out maintenance management work.Management of Investment Properties.
- Management of SOT Secretariat Works.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the DFAP.
- Diploma or Degree in Building Services/Property/Estate Management/Engineering or equivalent from an established institution or university.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in property/facility development or management.
- Highly conversant with principles on construction methods, property and facility management.
- Good knowledge of Building Control Act, Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act,
- Conveyancing and Law of Property Act and the Land Title Strata Act.
- Able to work well independently and under tight timelines.
- Good mastery of verbal and written communication skills, especially in proposal writing and presentation.
- Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
To apply for the above vacancy, please send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the following information in your resume:
- Current & expected salary
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Availability to commence work
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information for the processing of your job application.